Sunday, December 31, 2006

An amazing sight!

I know, I know, I wrote that two blogs ago was the last blog of the year but we came upon an amazing sight so I have to blog about it.

We were driving through another township in Central NJ and my wife exclaimed, 'did you see that tree that's blooming?' We were stopped by the traffic light so I turned my head around and saw the tree which looked like a plum, covered with pink flowers. My wife who had a better look as we drove by said some of the buds looked red so I'm guessing this was a plum and the shape of the tree also seem to confirm this. Unfortunately we did not have a camera with us.

I have never seen this happen before in my life and I fear this does not bode well for us. The climate may be changing more rapidly than anyone expected.

The local TV weatherman was showing the satellite photo of the world and he was saying that nowhere in the northern hemisphere was there any cold air. Hudsons Bay was 10 degrees above normal and Russia was 8 degrees above normal. The only place where they were having normal temps was in China.

Well so much for Happy New Year.

Just being my paranoid self.

5 Comments:

Blogger Suzette said...

I saw that too. Were you driving past the UPS facility on Hope Road on Eatontown?

5:30 PM  
Blogger Ki said...

Hi Suzette,
It was across the West Windsor High school at the intersection of Clarksville? road North and Princeton Highstown road. The tree is located after the orthodontis/dentist office on the same side of the street. So we weren't dreaming! Thanks for the confirmation.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yikes. While I'm not disputing the existence of global warming, I do believe that we have El Nino to thank for this year's complete wackiness. Unfortunately (for those of us who depend on winter for our livelihood--this is usually my busiest time of the year at work) the temps aren't supposed to drop anytime soon. :(

3:06 PM  
Blogger Ki said...

Kim,
Living near Eire must be climatically interesting. The lake must influence the weather quite drastically? Do you have many microclimes?

4:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The history of perfume goes back to Egypt, although it was prevalent in East Asia as well. Early perfumes were based

on incense, not chemicals, so aromas were passed around through fumes. The Roman and Islamic cultures further

refined the harvesting and manufacturing of perfumery processes to include other aromatic ingredients.

Thus, the ancient Islamic culture marked the history of modern perfumery with the introduction of spices and herbs.

Fragrances and other exotic substances, such as Jasmine and Citruses, were adapted to be harvested in climates

outside of their indigenous Asia.

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Zone 6, New Jersey, United States

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Carnival-small Blogroll Me!

Listed on Blogwise

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Gardening  Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory