Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Yellow Phalaenopsis orchid



We were very lucky that this yellow Phalaenopis turned up in the bunch of afterbloom sale orchids from Lowes. We bought a lot of them as they were about 1/4 of the original price. Since they were afterbloom plants we had no idea what the colors would turn out to be. Most are blooming now and it's fun trying to guess what the final color will be by just looking at the buds. So far this is about the nicest one and unusual too because you don't see many yellow ones (I may be mistaken about the rarity of the yellow) but as I will post more photos later you may find one that appeals to you more.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to comment on your yellow orchid. I also bought one from Lowe's that is yellow although it is in full bloom. I couldn't resist the color. You do some really beautiful photography. I am located in Zone 8b and also enjoy gardening and digging in the dirt.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Zone 6, New Jersey, United States

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Carnival-small Blogroll Me!

Listed on Blogwise

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Gardening  Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory