Saturday, March 24, 2007

Favorite Crocus (as if you couldn't tell) and photo experiment







This is our favorite crocus. The flowers are edged in a very light lavender giving the blooms an ethereal fragile quality. I did an experiment using two different cameras to see which captured the colors better. The first four are from a Nikon and the last two from a Panasonic. I think the Panasonic is truer in color but the differences are subtle. The Nikon makes the purple look too blue. The picture of the buds was taken early yesterday morning and the other three of the Nikon pictures only about a half an hour later. It doesn't take very much sunlight to get them to open.

4 Comments:

Blogger DragonStone said...

Wow, I like the second set of pictures. I've done that before - to compare two cameras to see which reacts better. Usually, it's never my camera that wins out on the top.

I like how the crocus looks like a small bouquet.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Ki said...

Hi Dragonstone, They do look like they would make a great bridal bouquet. I agree I like the Panasonic photos better. These were straight from the camera without any enhancements. Fortunately and unfortunately - well unfortunate is too harsh, the Nikon was very close in color rendition - we own both cameras. I usually use the Panasonic for the plant pictures but wanted to see if there were any differences. But in the Nikon's defense it does seem to have a better macro capability. Just being my curious self.

4:53 PM  
Blogger IBOY said...

Ki... now that is a beeyootiful crocus; I love the palest blue coloration.
don

5:14 PM  
Blogger Ki said...

Hi Don,
I don't even know where we got it. There are no other flowers of this sort in the yard except for this clump. But we must have planted it several years ago for the clump to be this large. It's even better in real life.

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Zone 6, New Jersey, United States

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Carnival-small Blogroll Me!

Listed on Blogwise

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Gardening  Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory