Thursday, May 10, 2007

More tulips before they go and a Solomon's seal






Here are a bunch of tulips still in full bloom but they won't last too much longer so I thought I better take some pictures before they're gone. Despite the cold spring, this turned out to be a good year for tulips.



This is a variegated Solomon's seal Polygonatum x hybridum I was lucky to find at a Mastergardeners sale a couple of years ago. They have a sale each spring and this year it happens to be this Saturday so I hope I can find another one of these plants.

3 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

Nice tulips! I have some of that soloman's seal, but it hasn't come back yet...

1:01 PM  
Blogger OldRoses said...

Gorgeous tulips! I'm definitely planting more tulips in the fall.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Ki said...

Hi Lisa, I was amazed that the Soloman's seal was up already and more surprised that it had already bloomed! Having a poor memory is sometimes a good thing. I don't remember how we got all those different kinds of tulips. I just noticed that we had some parrot tulips and a deep rose colored one tucked in amongst a grove of birches. I'm in a constant state of surprise.

Thanks Oldroses. Tulips are always nice to have and if you plant a lot they make pretty good cut flowers too. They will last much longer than the store bought ones since they are fresher. The difficult decision is, what kind will you buy?

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Zone 6, New Jersey, United States

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Carnival-small Blogroll Me!

Listed on Blogwise

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Gardening  Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory