Wednesday, July 12, 2006

More Oriental beetle

We emptied the beetle traps at dusk and I checked the traps the next morning. The bags contained mostly Oriental beetles indicating that they are indeed nocturnal and do most of the damage unseen at night. I thought our lawn's sad state last year, large areas of yellow and brown grass was due to Japanese beetle grubs. Now I know better. Hopefully since we caught so many Oriental beetles this year the lawn will fare better. Of course I'm still trying to reduce the footage of lawn so we can escape the cycle of fertilize, weed and mow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Zone 6, New Jersey, United States

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Carnival-small Blogroll Me!

Listed on Blogwise

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Gardening  Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory