Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Too many bugs and fungi, time for something different!







I've been dwelling too much on fungi and bugs. Here's a more pleasant garden presence...lillies. I don't know the names of these lillies but they started out last year only about 1 foot tall. The blooms were large but low in height. This year they're about 3 feet tall and the blooms are very large...as large a someone's face. My favorite is the white ones with ruffled petals and yellow throat but my wife prefers the white with pink speckles. She's inspired now to create a lily cutting garden for flower bouquets so we're on the hunt for interesting varieties. I like the scent so I'll be looking for the Formosan lily at least I think that's what it was. I think it's called the Regale or Black Dragon?

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynne said...

SNIFFFFFFFFF! AAAHHHHH! nice.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Zone 6, New Jersey, United States

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Carnival-small Blogroll Me!

Listed on Blogwise

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Gardening  Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory