Monday, January 08, 2007

Laboring the point or is it belaboring what's the diff?




Not to (be)labor the point that many things are budding or blooming due to the unusually warm Winter but here are some observations and photos of plants around the house that are doing just that. The photos are of viburnum, I'm not sure what kind it is but the shrub is not as big as most with dainty leaves and small pom poms of flowers covering the bush in Spring. Several primroses of various colors are blooming but I thought the white looked especially nice so included it. The other photo is of a wood peony trying to break the bonds of Winter.

Walked around the neighborhood and saw two plums blooming. The trees were covered with blossoms. Forsythia were blooming and the trident? maple trees planted along our street are breaking bud. Ok that's enough me too observations.

2 Comments:

Blogger Annie in Austin said...

Ki, it's more meaningful for me to see your photos than to see news photos. So thank you!
Also, in this way you'll have a record for yourself, because 2007 is really unusual so far.

Is 'wood peony' another name for a Tree Peony/Paeonia suffruticosa?

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

8:03 AM  
Blogger Ki said...

Hi Annie,
You're right it's a tree peony and probably P. suffruticosa. Lord, who names these plants? I don't know where "wood" came from - a little fogged in the brain when writing the blog I guess but it seems that I heard it somewhere too.

You are too wise as usual, a picture is worth...etc. And I will probably be thankful that I have a record of sorts but I usually don't look back much or try not to. Live in the moment and such.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Zone 6, New Jersey, United States

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Carnival-small Blogroll Me!

Listed on Blogwise

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Gardening  Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory