Friday, September 21, 2007

Tiniest tomato redux or "I could have been a contender!" II (too)

Well, I was knocked out in the first round. Only a pretender and not a contender at all. Carol pointed out to me that Chigiy (Sept. 17th post) submitted the smallest tomato and I have to admit it is tiny, very tiny. Chigiy's currant tomato will be hard to beat.


Ever since Carol at May Dreams Gardens threw down the challenge for the tiniest tomato, I've seen a lot of pretenders to the throne but I think I have a winner. Here it is with and without its stem. It's a 'Sweet 100' tomato. There was actually a smaller one but it had split its skin and was a bit shriveled so I thought it would be disqualified under the dessication rule. ;)

"Read um and weep!"

4 Comments:

Blogger Carol Michel said...

That is quite tiny for a Sweet 100 tomato, I'll grant you that. But Chigiy at Gardeners Anonymous still had the smallest tomato, a currant tomato variety.

So, you might have been a contender, but probably for second place with the rest of us.

Carol at May Dreams Gardens

8:06 AM  
Blogger Ki said...

Hi Carol,
Rats! Chigiy should send it to the Guinness book of records or Ripley's. Darn, that's a small tomato. I'll keep looking but that will be hard to beat.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Connie said...

Nice try! I don't think I've ever had one that small....if that is any consolation. :-)

2:32 PM  
Blogger Ki said...

Hi Connie,
Thanks. I think that's the best I can do for this year. I don't see any small tomatoes and the plants are on its last legs. It was fun while it lasted. ;)

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Zone 6, New Jersey, United States

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Carnival-small Blogroll Me!

Listed on Blogwise

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Gardening  Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory