Thursday, September 28, 2006

Botanypictures.com, really cool plant photo site

I ran across this great website with photos of about every plant you can name, that is if you have the latin name. Most of the plants have multiple and detailed photos so you can really get a good idea of how the plants look. Check out this great resource. This is a good one to bookmark.

If you look up Phacelia campanularia there are 5 photos of the plant and flowers.
First photo.
Second photo.
Third photo.
Fourth photo.
Fifth photo.
Or you could look up other varieties of Phacelia like P. congesta
Or, Phacelia tanacetifolia
Antonie van Den Bos has done a great job in photographing all the plants and flowers. A huge undertaking and work of love. Thank you very much.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an amazing source-one I know I'll spend a lot of time with. Thanks for posting it.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Ki said...

Hi beth, I was amazed too that someone photographed all those plants. I happened upon it while looking up a plant using google images. Glad you liked it. I know I'll use it often too.

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi everybody. I'm searching for seeds of phacelia campanularia as mine didn't survive an attack of my cat :-( could anybody help me out on this issue?

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Zone 6, New Jersey, United States

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Carnival-small Blogroll Me!

Listed on Blogwise

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Gardening  Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory